Despite what my children might tell you, not all vegetables taste “disgusting.” In fact, just recently we found a recipe that they actually ate without making too many faces or throwing too many fits. Once they actually tasted it, they gobbled it up!
We owe credit for this recipe to Skinnytaste – one of our favorite go-to sites for healthy, good tasting recipes.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 6 1/2 cups uncooked cauliflower florets (about 1 large) cut small
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine cauliflower, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper well so all the florets are coated and seasoned.
- Place in a large shallow roasting pan and place in the center of the oven.
- Roast for about 25-35 minutes, turning florets occasionally so they are evenly cooked.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese and some lemon zest and additional salt and pepper if needed.